The Bacterial Vaccines department is looking for a qualified Scientist in Glycoconjugation technology for a major vaccine project. In the course of your work, you will interact with various Bacterial Vaccines teams and with Janssen Vaccines support departments. You will be expected to perform ...
CLS Services is a leading professional recruitment agency, specialised in the recruitment and career coaching of people with a background in chemistry & life sciences. For our client, Janssen Vaccines & Prevention, we are searching for a Scientist Glycoconjugation Technology.
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention is dedicated to bringing meaningful innovation to global health. They focus on the discovery, development, manufacturing and marketing of vaccines and antibodies to protect people world-wide from infectious diseases.
The Bacterial Vaccines department is working on the discovery and early development of novel vaccines for bacterial infectious diseases. It strives to address unmet medical needs, such as bacteremia (sepsis), meningitis, and respiratory tract and nosocomial infections. Projects at the Bacterial Vaccines department are primarily structured on scientific and technical collaboration with external biotechnology partners (governmental and industrial) that are innovative leaders in their field. This working process includes ‘state of the art’ vaccine discovery, with subsequent in vivo evaluation of these vaccine candidates in animal models for immunogenicity and/or efficacy. In addition, manufacturing processes are optimized and established, and the resulting clinical trial material is evaluated in human clinical studies.
The Bacterial Vaccines department is looking for a qualified Scientist in Glycoconjugation technology for a major vaccine project. In the course of your work, you will interact with various Bacterial Vaccines teams and with Janssen Vaccines support departments. You will be expected to perform laboratory work fulltime.
The Bacterial Vaccines department is strengthening its chemical development and analysis capabilities, which are centered mainly on the production and analysis of carbohydrate-protein conjugates and peptide-protein conjugates. Previous experience in an industrial setting would strongly benefit Bacterial Vaccines projects.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Supervising production and evaluation of carbohydrate-protein conjugates;
- Act as an expert on characterization of glycoproteins
- Devise in-process controls to monitor the glycoconjugation process;
- Support development of new conjugation methods;
- Data acquisition and evaluation;
- Fairly independent work without day-to-day supervision;
- Managing a small team of junior/associate scientists;
- Reviewing the progress of work at a contract research partner (CRO/CMO);
- Manage/supervise downstream processing of glycoconjugates (together with the BacVac Bioprocess team).
Who we're looking for
The ideal academic (PhD.) candidate has a background in bioorganic chemistry, bioanalytical technologies, pharmaceutical technology, biochemistry, biochemical engineering or related fields. You have 2 years of professional experience in biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
- A strong background on downstream processing of glycoconjugate proteins (must);
- Previous experience working with carbohydrates, proteins, and glycoproteins (must);
- Previous experience working with bioconjugation reactions (e.g. labelling, chemical modifications), and (bio)chemical analysis (e.g. HPLC) (highly valuable);
- Hands-on experience on advanced glycoprotein characterization methods (highly valuable);
- Previous experience in drafting technical process descriptions, process SOPs and biochemical process flow diagrams (highly desirable);
- Very strong documentation skills demonstrated by publications.
You are a clear communicator in English, Dutch is considered as a plus. Are you the teamplayer with good organizing skills we are looking for?
Additional vacancy information
Contract: Temporary contract with CLS Services
Contactperson: Claudia Erwich-Faaij
Phone: +31 (0)88 22 77 555
Solliciteer op deze functie