As (Lead) or Senior Mechanical Engineer, you specify and deliver together with a team of lead designers and architects, high-tech mechatronic system solutions for the new products and more.
As (Lead) or Senior Mechanical Engineer, you specify and deliver together with a team of lead designers and architects, high-tech mechatronic system solutions for the new products and you are responsible for achieving optimal functionality and cost-effectiveness of the systems.
About the job
The most important tasks are related to the development process. This process consists of the following phases:
- Feasibility phase: the study of the Customer Requirement Specifications (CRS) and the feasibility of mechanical components
- Definition phase: coming up with a description of system design requirements and specifications
- System Design Phase: the generation of system design concepts and reviews
- Coming up with well-considered choices, validated against system requirements
- Defining the high-tech modules and related technical interfaces
- Monitoring that the projects remain within the agreed specifications
- Using a helicopter view and creativity in order to find solutions in case of conflicts
- Detail phase: Leading a team of approximately 5 to 10 lead designers/architects
- System verification: Verification of design requirements and chosen concepts
- Production release: Release of the design for production
- Contributing to the system road-maps
- Participating in further developments of the necessary critical mechanical competencies.
- Setting priorities within the mechanical team and reporting routinely to the project manager
- Coaching and training mechanical engineers
- Providing direction to the Way of Working
You will report to the Group Lead Mechanics.
- A Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics.
- At least 5 to 10 years of experience as a Mechanical Engineer in a high-tech environment.
- Experience with drafting design principles, precise positioning and dynamic behaviour.
- Experience in planning mechanical development, preferably according to the complete V-Model.
- Experience in DfX is an advantage as well as creating strength calculations in the area of thermal and mechanical designs.
- You have experience in working with NX and Teamcenter.
- You have experience with Matlab/Simulink and/or related development tools.
- You are a natural leader; you know how to direct technical project teams.
- You think out-of-the-box.
- You maintain a helicopter view.
- You are able to communicate clearly and capable of presenting your choices orally.
- You are capable of reporting in a structured manner.
- You act as a catalyst; you challenge others and you come up with innovative ideas.
Solliciteer op deze functie