DUPP - Food Recruitment
Senior Scientist Microbiology Europe at Mars Veghel
DUPP- Food Recruitment is searching for a Senior Scientist Microbiology Europe (a central consultancy and audit role for someone with personality ) for Mars, location Veghel.
A job at Mars (www.mars.com) is never just a job. It’s an adventure. A journey. Anything but blindly following what other people tell you to do. With Mars, the decisions you make matter. It means you can rewrite the rules and build new solutions. You can develop your ideas and create new successes. In a culture where The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom are the main driver– and with brands active globally and sales of over $35 billion – you can make it mean more no matter where you join Mars. Mars offers an environment that considers your personal qualities and stimulates (international) career opportunities. So the question is, what will your story be? Start a new chapter at Mars as a Senior Scientist Microbiology Europe.
- Responsible for providing technical microbiology consultancy support to stakeholders and 35+ regional development centres and factories within Petfood, Confectionery and Food
- Responsible for the technical governance of 30+ internal and external laboratories in the European network
- Providing professional microbiology services to enable incident resolution for sites and laboratories
- Maintaining the external laboratory network based on their capabilities to perform specific analysis
- Providing technical mentorship and transferring microbiological knowledge between laboratories
- Working closely together with the Europe Microbiology Lab Governance Manager, regional laboratories, operations, R&D centres and stakeholders
- Reporting to the Europe MGS Microbiology Lab Manager.
- Master’s degree in a food technological direction, specialisation in Microbiology or similar
- Proven technical laboratory background in food pathogens testing methods, experimental design and data interpretation
- Background knowledge of cross contamination management/mitigation in laboratories
- Working experience as technical auditor and knowledge of ISO 17025 laboratory requirements
- Outstanding stakeholder management and communication skills
- Willing to travel globally (approx. 40% of the time)
- Fluent in writing and speaking English
- Fit with Mars culture and the specific job competencies: strong collaborative and listening skills, customer focus, driven to get things done, independent, patient.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Michiel Dekkers, telephone: +31 (0)317-468686 / +31 (0)6-86805669 or apply through our website www.dupp.nl or e-mail your written application to email@example.com.
Mars selected DUPP for this vacancy as the only partner in the recruitment process.