Scientist Up Stream Processing (USP)
CLS Services is a leading professional recruitment agency, specialised in the recruitment and career coaching of people with a background in chemistry & life sciences. For our client, Janssen Vaccines & Prevention, we are searching for a Scientist Up Stream Processing (USP).
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention is dedicated to bringing meaningful innovation to global health. They focus on the discovery, development, manufacturing and marketing of vaccines and antibodies to protect people world-wide from infectious diseases.
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention B.V. is part of Johnson & Johnson, one of the biggest and most respected health care companies in the world. They are dedicated to bringing meaningful innovation to global health. Their teams focus on the discovery, development, manufacturing and marketing of novel vaccines to prevent some of the most devastating and complex infectious diseases. These range from respiratory infections like respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) to human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and pathogens of global concern such as Ebola and COVID-19.
In this organization, entrepreneurial people are working in a dynamic culture in which innovation and a 'can do' state of mind are of crucial importance. They are continuously looking for enthusiastic, talented people who have the ambition to develop themselves and can be of value to Janssen. The offices of Janssen Vaccines & Prevention are located in Leiden, The Netherlands.
The USP department is responsible for early- as well as late-stage development of scalable, pharmaceutical-grade production processes for viral vaccines using mammalian cell lines as a production platform. Novel technologies are used to make sure that the processes are safe, reliable, scalable and cost-effective, so that the vaccines can be produced in large quantities at low costs. The developed production processes are transferred into GMP production facilities for the production of clinical batches and scaled-up for commercial production. This is done in close collaboration with many partners in Discovery, Development and Supply Chain in an international environment. Within the USP department, a lab team is responsible for performing all hands-on experimental activities, data processing and documentation, whereas a team of scientists is responsible for the overall scientific approach and progress within our projects.
As Scientist USP your responsibilities will be:
- Develops and executes USP early- and late-stage development and tech transfer strategies;
- Creates and manages research plans in the delivery of business results;
- Represents USP in multidisciplinary project team(s);
- Acts as author in the preparation of presentations, technical reports, documents for regulatory filing and patents;
- Applies the latest technological innovations into the daily work. One of the major innovations currently explored is modeling, data management and statistical analysis applied to bioprocessing.
Who we're looking for
- Ph. D. degree or post-doctorate degree biopharmaceutical sciences, biotechnology, bio-process technology or related fields;
- At least 2 years of late-stage biopharmaceutical experience, preferably in industry;
- Technical knowledge on bioreactor process technology; ideally for R&D and/or commercial (GMP) purposes;
- Experience with two or more of the following: life cycle process validation; regulatory submission writing; process improvements; multivariate data analysis; technology transfer; manufacturing support.
Additional vacancy information
Contract: Temporary contract with CLS Services
Contactperson: Claudia Erwich-Faaij
Phone: +31 (0)88 22 77 555