CLS Services is a leading professional recruitment agency, specialised in the recruitment and career coaching of people with a background in chemistry & life sciences. For our client, <STRONG>Janssen Vaccines & Prevention</STRONG>, we are searching for a Scientist Protein Sciences.
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention is dedicated to bringing meaningful innovation to global health. They focus on the discovery, development, manufacturing and marketing of vaccines and antibodies to protect people world-wide from infectious diseases.
The World Without Disease Accelerator (WWDA) is a unique enterprise R&D group aligned with global commercial expertise and focused on the discovery, development and delivery of disruptive products/technologies, business models and partnerships to advance the elimination of disease(s).
The WWDA brings together distinct enabling capabilities in areas including the microbiome, immunosciences, data sciences & prevention biomarkers and behavioral science to seed transformative growth opportunities and catalyze a paradigm shift in prevention, interception and cure strategies and solutions.
As Scientist Protein Sciences, you are involved in the production, biochemical and functional characterization proteins for investigations of WWDA targets leading to solutions in various disease areas, for example lung cancer.
You are expected to design, lead and implement experiments supporting the research projects. Furthermore, close working relationships are expected with internal and external partners. You will actively participate in lab-work (70%), drafting study plans and analyzing and interpreting scientific data.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Who we're looking for
- Execute and supervise the production, purification and biochemical as well as functional characterization of proteins;
- Initiate and monitor studies outsourced to contract research organizations and academic collaborators;
- Write study plans for (in house) exploration and outsourcing activities, aligned with the WWDA objectives and strategy, ensuring input and support by WWDA functions such as statistics, planning, as well as WWDA management;
- Consult and collaborate with other team members to analyse and resolve study design and analysis problems, recommend technology-based solutions, or determine experimental strategies;
- Identify and advise on new technologies;
- Report results, discuss conclusions, and suggest follow up experiments and projects.
The ideal candidate has a PhD with maximum 3 years of PostDoc experience. We are also open for Masters with at least 3 years of experience performing progressively advanced duties at the Senior Associate Scientist level. You have a proven track record in protein biochemistry both in academia and the biopharma industry. You have experience with expression, purification (e.g. affinity based and size exclusion) and analysis of proteins. Experience with analytical techniques for protein characterization such as size determination by SEC-MALS, (non)native gel electrophoresis, Western blot and ELISA, is required. You can translate literature searches to hands on experimental lab work. In addition, setting-up in vitro and cellular assays to study protein functionality is preferred.
Do you have demonstrable skills in trouble shooting, a can-do attiditue and a goal oriented mind set? We are looking for you!Additional vacancy information
Contract: Temporary contract with CLS Services
Terms: Project for one year. Full time preferred, 32 hours discussable.
Contactperson: Claudia Erwich-Faaij
Phone: +31 (0)88 22 77 555