Scientist Downstream Processing
Pharmaceutical company specialised in the development of vaccines. The ‘Down Stream Processing’ (DSP) department forms part of the Drug Substance Development group and develops & characterizes processes for purifying and formulating recombinant viruses from harvest as a vaccine production platform. They will be implemented in a GMP pilot plant facility for the production of clinical trial material and scaled-up for commercial production.
Wat ga je doen - What will your job be
Do you have multiple years of hands-on operational DSP experience and would you like to design downstream process development studies? In this role as a Scientist Downstream Processing you are responsible for the development of downstream processes and its transfer into GMP production facilities. Interested? Apply now!
As a Scientist Downstream Processing you are responsible for the downstream process development within multiple projects. Subsequently, you make sure that the developed processes are transferred smoothly into GMP production facilities for the production of clinical batches and scaled-up for commercial production.
- You will represent DSP in multidisciplinary project team(s), being responsible for process development in that project, in close connection to all relevant stakeholders
- In order to develop the process, you translate research goals into actions and accomplish the targets
- To do so you deliver study designs and plans, analyze data and write or coordinate scientific study reports, all in close connection with the customer
- You ensure a smooth tech transfer of new products in production (either the CTM pilot plant or production) and give 2nd line support of running production
- In addition, you identify possible improvements for increased robust manufacturing and translate this back to development studies
Wat vragen wij - What are we looking for
For the position of Scientist Downsteam Processing we are looking for a motivated candidate who can design downstream process development studies and make sure that they can be executed. We ask for:
- MSc in chemical engineering, microbiology, organic chemistry or similar life science related field
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on operational DSP experience (lab, pilot and/or production scale), relevant DSP unit operations are Filtration, Chromatography and UF/DF
- Experience with scale-up/scale-down of DSP processes
- Experience with cGMP requirements. Preferably experience with Lean/Process Excellence
- Enthusiasm to support production by hands-on presence during production (sometimes traveling required)
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to bridge between production and development
Wat hebben we te bieden - What do we offer
- A contract for 1 year at CheckMark, with the possibility of an extension
- Full-time position, where 32 hours a week is negotiable
Wil je meer weten - More information
Neem voor meer informatie contact op met Jurjen Wilschut: 088 00 21 122 // 06 302 47 453