Sales Development Engineer DT2
Punch Powertrain, headquartered in Sint-Truiden and with a second production facility in Nanjing (China) offers a complete portfolio of powertrain solutions for the most popular passenger car segments (conventional, hybrid and full electric). These innovative products provide excellent driving dynamics, enhanced comfort, fun of driving and an ever-improving fuel economy. As a leading independent supplier to the automotive industry, Punch Powertrain is expanding rapidly. In this context we are able to offer inspiring career opportunities for motivated engineers. We are currently looking for (m/f):
Sales Development Engineer DT2
Fulltime | St Truijden – Belgium
We are an independent full system supplier of fuel-efficient powertrains. With over 45 years of experience in the production of CVTs, Punch Powertrain also offers electric powertrains for New Energy Vehicles such as Hybrids (48V &PHEVs) and Electric Vehicles (EVs), as well as DCTs.
Punch Powertrain is an international player, with a strong presence in Europe and China. In addition to the headquarter in Sint-Truiden, Belgium, the company runs 6 more R&D centers, located in Germany (2), France (1), the Netherlands (1) and China (1), allowing close cooperation with the customer and short communication lines. Economies of scale are achieved by concentrating production in 3 facilities in Belgium and China.
Within Punch Powertrain we are looking for a Sales Development Engineer for our new developed transmission (DT2) who has the ambition to grow within a technology and quality driven organization. This is a new position inside of the company. Are you the communicative, driven, assertive person with a can-do mentality who wants to develop further within the automotive industry? Then this can be your position.
The Sales Engineer DT2 is the representative of the customer in the acquisition process of new projects. As member of the (pre-) RFI/RFQ team you will actively engage with the Chief Engineer in the development of new business with existing and new customers for DT2. You will ensure the customer requirements are known and communicated to the members of this cross functional organisation. As such you take ownership of the product mapping (together with the product architect), the commercial engagement with the customer (together with Key Account Manager) and the contract negotiation. You will build a commercial relationship with the customers, using your product roadmap knowledge to advise them in their choice and decision for the various solutions and products. Together with the acquisition team you will contribute to the business case in alignment with the Key Account Manager. You will be involved in scouting opportunities as well as benchmarking competition.
- Customer engagement;
- Be the window for the customer for (pre-) RFI/RFQ activities;
- Translate and communicate customer requirements (Product, Supply, Quality, …) within the team;
- Communicate progress and align strategy with Key Account Manager;
- Growing the business;
- Member of the acquisition team;
- Support the building of the business case;
- Lead commercial discussion with the customer;
- Contract negotiation upon successful acquisition;
- Customer and market engagement;
- Build trusting customer relationship;
- Understand customer product roadmap and how it aligns with PPeT product roadmap;
- Support benchmark activities.
- Preferably University degree holder, an automotive or mechanical engineering background would be an advantage;
- Customer focussed, preferably with previous customer exposure;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Preferably 7-8 years working experience, with proven success in an Automobile Parts Industry;
- Good English in oral and writing would be required;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and strong working knowledge of internal software, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft PowerPoint is required;
- Strong analytical and presentation skills;
- Open for incidental international travel.
- Team player – comfortable within a matrix organization;
- Strategic thinker;
- Continuous improvement approach;
- A can-do attitude and operational mindset;
- Results driven being able to go the extra mile to reach the objectives;
- Effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills;
- Efficient in stakeholder management.
Do you want to have more information about this role? Feel free to contact our corporate recruiter Arno Duis on email@example.com or through +31615355109.
You can apply via the application button.
Acquisition because of this vacancy is not appreciated.
Keywords: Sales Development Engineer, Development Engineer, St Truijden, Belgium, Sales, Engineer, Development, University Degree, automotive, mechanical engineering, communication, experienced