In your position as Assistant Scientist you will perform day-to-day lab activities and executes experimental and analytical tasks in formulation development according to plan or procedure. Furthermore, you are encouraged to optimise existing techniques, processes, systems or programs. Key ...
CLS Services is a leading professional recruitment agency, specialised in the recruitment and career coaching of people with a background in chemistry & life sciences. For our client, <STRONG>Janssen Vaccines & Prevention</STRONG>, we are searching for an Assistant Scientist Formulation Development.
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention is dedicated to bringing meaningful innovation to global health. They focus on the discovery, development, manufacturing and marketing of vaccines and antibodies to protect people world-wide from infectious diseases.
In your position as Assistant Scientist you will perform day-to-day lab activities and executes experimental and analytical tasks in formulation development according to plan or procedure. Furthermore, you are encouraged to optimise existing techniques, processes, systems or programs.
- Executes procedures and analytical methods for formulation development and sample analysis;
- Accountable for proper recording of information (e.g. LNB and logbooks) and collection of the data and reviews experimental results;
- Describe new procedures in equipment, work, or test instructions when necessary;
- Data analysis and handling from raw data to graphs/tables (e.g. with JMP) and work with databases;
- Support fill/finish process development activities when needed;
- Technical owner of an instrument or method and being responsible for the proper functioning and maintenance;
- Provides training and coaching of trainees and (new) technicians.
Who we're looking for
The ideal candidate has a BSc. (HLO) within a pharma or chemical related field. You have 2-3 years of industrial experience and know how to work with quality systems such as GMP. Additionally you have experience with formulation/analytical development and/or with vaccines or biologics (e.g. viruses or proteins).
Preferably you have experience with some of the following techniques; Chromatography (e.g. HPLC-SEC and UPLC), Spectroscopy (e.g. UV/Vis, fluorescence), Particle sizing methods (e.g. DLS, Mastersizer, NTA).
As a person, you are accurate and organized. You like to come up with new original ideas and working methods.
Are you the enthusiastic teamplayer with a strong technical mindset we are looking for?
Additional vacancy information
Contract: Temporary contract with CLS Services
Terms: Position for at least one year, longer-term is anticipated. Full time preferred, 32 hours discussable.
Contactperson: Claudia Erwich-Faaij
Phone: +31 (0)88 22 77 555
Solliciteer op deze functie