QHSE Manager Germany
CLS Services is a leading professional recruitment agency, specialised in the recruitment and career coaching of people with a background in chemistry & life sciences. For our client, Van Hessen, we are searching for a QHSE Manager Germany .
Founded in 1902, the Van Hessen group has evolved into the leading global player in harvesting, processing and distribution of natural sausage casings, meat products and raw materials for the pharmaceutical industry.
Meat products like stomachs, spleens, bladders, tails, pork and chicken feet find their way to the Asian and African market, where they form part of people’s everyday nutrition, whereas they might have been discarded in the country of origin. Other left-over material from slaughter, is used for animal food or pharmaceutical products. By using this material, Van Hessen contributes to a sustainable environment.
Thanks to their worldwide operation of gutrooms inside slaughterhouses, Van Hessen is able to operate close to the source and secure a constant flow of raw material for their customers. As their gutroom management and QA teams work closely together, they can assure compliance to the increasing demands from themselves, customers and authorities. By controlling and supervising all steps in the process of the supply chain, they can guarantee high quality products.
Do you have a passion for quality and safety? Do you like to work with different kinds of people, are you fluent in German and English and do you want to work at the best team of van Hessen? Then we are looking for you!
We are looking for a Quality, Health, Safety and Environment professional, preferably with previous experience within the food (e.a. meat) manufacturing industry. You are based in Cuijk but must be willing to travel between all 5 gutroom sites in Germany for proper performance of their duties. You report directly to the Director Gutrooms North-West Europe and functionally to the Global Quality & HSE manager who is located in Nieuwerkerk aan den IJssel (NL). On a daily basis, you are in contact with Gutroom Operations Managers and Gutroom Supervisors. Additionally, you are in close contact with QHSE managers from around Europe (i.e. the Netherlands, Belgium and the UK).
Your responsibilities are:
- Establish, implement, and manage Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures including the ongoing development of Health and Safety management systems in compliance with legal and corporate standards;
- Development of task-specific Risk Assessments;
- Undertake accident and incident investigations, liaise with relevant authorities and ensure all relevant documentation and re-training is completed;
- Monitor the production process to ensure compliance with critical safety parameters, instigating corrective action when required;
- Foster a safe environment – engage & empower employees at all levels to identify/eliminate unsafe practices/conditions;
- Support external audits in respect of Quality Health and Safety, liaise with external agencies where required;
- Perform regular internal audits and assist in completion of any required corrective actions;
- Provide Quality Health and Safety advice and practical guidance;
- Inform, report and attend meetings as necessary.
Who we're looking for
The ideal candidate has a B.Sc. in Food Technology or Quality with several years of experience within QESH in a fast-paced, food manufacturing environment. You should be able to advise in the lay-out regarding current and new gutrooms. Preferably, you should have knowledge of ISO standards, the German labour law and labour inspection or you are willing to learn these aspects. We are looking for someone with excellent interpersonal skills, who is persuasive and has a good level of communication skills in German and English. As you are traveling to different gutrooms in Germany regularly (60-70% travel is required), a company car is included.
We are looking for a service oriented candidate who is not afraid to express his/her opinion and with a strong focus on quality and guidelines. Are you the innovative and positive candidate we are looking for?
Additional vacancy information
Contract: Direct dienstverband met opdrachtgever
Terms: Salary 3500-5500 euro gross monthly
Company car, cell phone and laptop.
Contactperson: Rob Krommendam
Phone: +31 (0)88 22 77 555