Forexx Group B.V.
Mechanical Product Development Engineer
About the job
- You develop new and optimize existing product concepts within cross-functional teams.
- You support function development via defining and realizing models and test set-ups.
- You define, create the mechanical construction including 3-D models and 2-D drawings of new products.
- You do, or lead, the detail design of Key Components, and you support their realization.
- You proof, that the design meets the requirements by means of tolerance analysis, material selection, stress and deformation calculations, simulations etc.
- You manage the Product Documentation (the BOM and the Design History File).
- You do the root-cause analysis of production problems and consumer complaints.
- Your scope is international so some travelling, sometimes for several weeks, is part of this job.
You have a background in Mechanical / Bio-mechanical engineering at a high qualitative level (Masters). You have a proven track record and experience (+/- 3 yrs.) in development and realization of new consumer products in a R&D environment. You have experience in one or more relevant fields of competency for consumer products, such as mechanics, plastics (polymers), rubber materials, common manufacturing techniques, etc.
- a Masters (preferred) or Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering .
- Experience with consumer products (mechanical construction).
- Experience in mechanical design and product documentation.
- Knowledge of plastic materials (used in design for consumer products).
- Experience in CAD design using CREO.
- Experience in FE Analysis using Ansys (definition of boundary conditions and analysis of the results is the minimum).
- Experience in cooperation in a multi-site multi-partner development environment.
- Preferably you are familiar with Design for Six Sigma.
- Experience in developing largely mechanical consumer products.
- Experience in developing medical devices.
- An abstract, analytical, and creative thinker.
- Open minded towards other disciplines and companies in the field of product development.
- An excellent communicator and motivator, skilled in managing interpersonal processes.
- Able to continuously challenge the status quo, with a strong desire to improve organizational effectiveness structurally.
- Always looking for perfection. You don't accept underperformance or poor results. You have a quality mindset.
- Fluent in English.
- Willing to travel for the job for 10% of your time.
Working at Forexx
Working at Forexx
You will be employed by Forexx and will have the opportunity to work on long- or short-term assignments. At Forexx we take our full responsibility when it comes to being a good employer and we stimulate the sustainable employability of our professionals. We call this Future Employability. We work with short communication lines within our enthusiastic team. Above all we have a clear and personal communication with our professionals.
We encourage our professionals to keep their knowledge and skills up-to-date through coaching and providing courses / educations where needed. In this way, the skills of our professionals always match the (future) wishes of our customers and we ensure that our professionals can work until their retirement. This is also Future Employability.
- Competitive salary;
- Excellent secondary employment conditions such as a pension, a discount on your health insurance and travel compensation;
- Possibility to follow courses / educations provided by Forexx
- Coaching on hard and soft skills;
- Challenging assignments;
- An interesting network of technical professionals in the field of Manufacturing, High Tech, Networking and Marine & Offshore on a regular basis, with informative meetings and social events.
Call Anouk van der Heijden, +31 6 13 50 42 58, or send an email to email@example.com.