CLS Services is a leading professional recruitment agency, specialised in the recruitment and career coaching of people with a background in chemistry & life sciences. For our client, Duynie Group, we are searching for a Manager Nutrition.
Duynie Group is Europe’s largest procurement and service company of co-products coming from the food, beverages and bio-fuel industry. They create added value to liquid, moist and dry co-products, making the entire industry as sustainable and environmentally responsible as possible.
Duynie Group is part of the agro-industrial group Royal Cosun, has 15 locations throughout Europe and 350 employees. They consist of: Duynie Feed, supplier of wet feeds in Europe; Novidon, market potato starch and starch derivatives; AgriBioSource, market biomass for renewable energy; Duynie Ingredients, offers sustainable solutions for the pet industry.
With the growing presence in the world of co-products, Duynie Group plays an increasingly important role in the circular agro food system. Through market expansion and innovation, Duynie Group creates new value for both suppliers and global customers.
To support their strong growth ambitions, Duynie Group is looking for a Manager Animal Nutrition. Within Duynie Feed in Nijmegen, you will lead an international team of six animal nutrition professionals, divided over the following animal species: dairy cattle, beef cattle, pigs and goats/sheep. You are part of the Quality, Nutrition & Research (QNR) Department and directly report to the manager of this department. You will share your knowledge on animal nutrition and offer technological support regarding feed issues to (international) companies focusing on feed sales (i.e. cattle and pig farming, aqua and pet food) within the Duynie Group. This requires regular travel within Europe.
- Lead a team of six nutritionists in an inspiring and motivating manner;
- Co-directing the technological growth of the company and further expansion of the department
- Leading projects concerning new feed concepts, in collaboration with Universities and or contract research organisations
- Based on your knowledge on feed rations and animal husbandry systems, you advice purchase and sales departments;
- Anticipate relevant technological developments, trends and recognise opportunities in livestock farming on European level;
- Keep your scientific and practical knowledge up to date and keep up with new insights and developments in the field of cattle and pig feed. Translate this knowledge into applicable recommendations and the development of new concepts;
- Manage a nutrition database within the organisation;
- Communicate the nutritional vision by (inter) national presentations;
- Being part of the management team of the QNR Department.
Who we're looking for
Are you the manager with at least 4 years of managerial experience in an Animal Nutrition department? Who can bring the team to the next level and make the growth ambition of Duynie happen?
The ideal candidate has experience in an international company, a pragmatic attitude and a broad knowledge in the animal nutrition field, especially within livestock. Experience with Feed ration calculation programs is advantageous.
We are looking for someone with a lot of initiative who is results oriented and has excellent interpersonal skills. Fluency in Dutch and English is required, German is preferred.
Do you match these criteria and are you looking for a varied, international and technological challenge within a fast growing feed company? Then we are looking for you!
Additional vacancy information
Contract: Direct contract with client
Contactperson: Jan Paul Favier
Phone: +31 (0)88 22 77 555