Forexx Group B.V.
Linux System Engineer
Key Areas Of Responsibility
The Linux System Engineer creates a high performance and secure platform for deployment of scanner application software.
About the job
The tasks of the Linux Engineer are as follows:
- Team up with Product Owners and (Partner) Engineers on development and implementation of Linux OS deployment
- Configures the Linux Operating system for deployment and integration of applications
- Creates scripts to automate installation and configuration of various system components
- Performs security hardening on Redhat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and other platform components like Database and webserver
- Configures the network interfaces and implement strict firewall rules
- Ensures data security by using the TPM for key material
- Troubleshoots integration problems related to application deployment and security
- Provides Linux DevOps support to the development teams
- Ensures the teams backlog is complete and up to date
Educational and experience requirements
- You have a Bachelor in Computer Sciences or similar technical background
- Between 3 and 5 years (or more) of experience in Linux administration preferably in a product development context
- Deep understanding of RHEL system- and network configuration
- Experienced in setting up, owning and maintaining system scripts for Linux deployment and configuration
- Understanding how to develop and maintain Linux security
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong written and verbal communication in English language
Working at Forexx
Working at Forexx
You will be employed by Forexx and will have the opportunity to work on long- or short-term assignments. At Forexx we take our full responsibility when it comes to being a good employer and we stimulate the sustainable employability of our professionals. We call this Future Employability. We work with short communication lines within our enthusiastic team. Above all we have a clear and personal communication with our professionals.
We encourage our professionals to keep their knowledge and skills up-to-date through coaching and providing courses / educations where needed. In this way, the skills of our professionals always match the (future) wishes of our customers and we ensure that our professionals can work until their retirement. This is also Future Employability.
- Competitive salary;
- Excellent secondary employment conditions such as a pension, a discount on your health insurance and travel compensation;
- Possibility to follow courses / educations provided by Forexx
- Coaching on hard and soft skills;
- Challenging assignments;
- An interesting network of technical professionals in the field of Manufacturing, High Tech, Networking and Marine & Offshore on a regular basis, with informative meetings and social events.
T: +31 6 13 50 42 58