Formalities Officer IP (paralegal)
The Intellectual Property (IP) department plays a key role in safeguarding the IP of Byondis’ biopharmaceutical activities. The department provides advice and support on IP, and is responsible for the development of a strong patent portfolio, while safeguarding the company’s freedom-to-operate. The IP department is currently staffed with three patent attorneys, two information specialists, one formalities officer, and one librarian.
As Formalities Officer IP you will be responsible for all administrative aspects relating to the IP prosecution and maintenance of a worldwide portfolio of patent (-application)s and trademark (-application)s. You will carry out and safeguard the filing processes and ensure compliance with all applicable formalities during and after prosecution. This includes collecting, executing and sending file documents, powers of attorney, assignments, priority documents, taking into regard annuities of IP rights. In close collaboration with other members of the department you will carry out the formalities in the defense or challenge of IP rights. In addition, the you will be responsible for correct recordkeeping in the digital docketing system (Patricia). The job requires (i) corresponding with patent offices, like the European Patent Office, and patent agents worldwide, and (ii) registering and keeping track of terms, e.g. for timely responses to patent offices. You will report directly to the Vice President IP.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in law
- Certified as a Formalities Officer (or nearly qualified)
- At least 2-3 years working experience in a similar role, preferably in the (bio)pharmaceutical industry
- Preferably having experience using Patricia
- Excellent knowledge of procedural rules of law, particularly under the Patent Cooperation Treaty and the European Patent Convention
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- A flexible and pragmatic approach, and able to work independently
- Analytical mind, accurate, and ability to plan the workload
- Team player
- Ability to share thoughts, ideas and knowledge across in a constructive way
We offer you a dynamic working environment where your skills as a Formalities Officer are fully in place.
Information and application
Contract hours: 24-32 hrs/week
Salary: depending on experience
For further information, please contact Leon van den Broek, PhD, Vice President IP, at tel. +31 (0)24 679 5100. If you are interested in joining Byondis in this challenging position, we welcome your application via the apply button.
Please send your application before 3 August 2020. The first round of interviews will take place on 7 August 2020 and the second round of interviews will take place on 14 August 2020.
Recruitment by commercial agencies in relation to this or other vacancies is not appreciated.