Field Service Engineer
Field Service Engineer
Fulltime | Breda
You are the all-round engineer assuring minimal downtime, keeping our equipment functioning accurately, support the projects during the build, test, and installation. An all-round, independent, and international role where your technical creativity will be challenged daily!
About the role
Your work focusses primarily on project support and customer support services to ensure uptime and minimize the downtime if any intervention with our equipment is required. You resolve multidisciplinary technical challenges in an efficient and effective manner, both on-site and remote.
You won’t do this alone. Delivering service and projects like ours require close teamwork. As member of the multidisciplinary team’s, you collaborate closely with colleagues from other departments, which will also provide you with remote assistance when you are working at a client site.
Please note this job requires approximately 50% travel, both domestic and international
- Maintaining and upgrading installed equipment base of the Dec Group.
- Assisting with project installation and testing.
- Troubleshooting and resolving complex electrical, mechanical and/or software errors.
- Training customers in accurate use of equipment.
- Building and testing activities while machines are still being built.
- Execute commissioning alone or in a team.
What do you bring?
- A technical bachelor’s degree (or similar level acquired through experience).
- 5+ years of working experience in a similar position.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of multiple fields of engineering (i.e., mechanical, electrical, software).
- Basic PLC knowledge (Siemens Step-7, TIA Portal, WinCC), capable to trouble-shoot existing software programs.
- Affinity and knowledge of motion, vison and robotics is a plus.
- Verbal and written proficiency in (technical) English is required, any proficiency in Dutch is preferred.
- You are eligible to work in the Netherlands.
Based in Breda, The Netherlands, we specialize in sophisticated customer-specific equipment & services projects in the Life Science industries, primarily the Pharmaceutical (Human and Animal), Medical & Clinical Instrumentation and Food industries. Our knowledge is deeply rooted in the automated pharmaceutical packaging business. We have the in-house expertise and very specific know-how to help overcome the evolving challenges constantly faced by customers in highly regulated markets. Relying on many years of combined experience and skills in the management of large-scale projects internationally, we offer a complete range of equipment and service solutions for the pharmaceutical packaging industry.
Dec Netherlands is part of the Dec Group. Headquartered near Lausanne, Switzerland, Dec Group has a global presence with subsidiaries and agents in more than 30 countries including European subsidiaries in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Poland, and the Netherlands, together with Asian offices in India and China, and North America.
What do we offer?
We offer an informal atmosphere based on entrepreneurship, quality, teamwork in an international environment, personal contact, and lasting relationships. Working at Dec Netherlands brings you high-tech challenges and enables you to think creatively to come up with innovative solutions.
Please leave your details below, and we will contact you in 2 working days. Questions? Contact Paul Bertens (Corporate Recruiter a.i.) via +31 6 4329 9305 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply to this vacancy by clicking on the application button.
Acquisition due to this vacancy is not appreciated.
Keywords: Field Service Engineer, Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software, English, Dutch, Fulltime