Environment, Health, Safety and Sustainability Engineer
CLS Services is a leading professional recruitment agency, specialised in the recruitment and career coaching of people with a background in chemistry & life sciences. For our client, Mentor Medical Systems, we are searching for an Environment, Health, Safety and Sustainability Engineer.
Mentor Medical Systems B.V. is a global leader in Aesthetic Medicine founded in 1969. Mentor World-wide LLC is a leading supplier of medical products for the global aesthetic medicine market. The company develops breast implants under strict standards of design and testing with highest quality, which are used in both breast augmentation and breast reconstruction. At the Leiden Site, talented and multi-scaled people are working in a dynamic culture in which innovation and a #39;can do#39; state of mind are the central points. In order to strengthen our team, we are continuously looking for enthusiastic, talented people who have the ambition to develop themselves and can be of value to the company.
The EHS&S Department at Mentor Medical Systems leads the implementation of the J&J World-wide EHS&S and the ISO14001 Management System standards. We work in a close collaboration with the J&J EHS&S organisation in the Netherlands and related countries.
Management of EHS&S is a core responsibility of the entire Mentor Medical Systems organisation where we as EHS&S department support by having a strong relationship with site- /departmental EHSS Representatives, Management System Standards Owners / Subject Matter Experts and Site Management.
For Mentor Medical Systems B.V. in Leiden, we are looking for a new colleague to strengthen their Environment, Safety, Health & Sustainability (EHS&S) Team. We are looking for an EHS&S engineer who likes to interact with people, sees problems as opportunities and gets energised by improving EHS&S processes to ensure that the EHS&S risks within the organisation maintain controlled. If you get energy from EHS&S and are ready for a new challenge, here’s your chance!
Your tasks and responsibilities are:
- Expert in Occupational Hygiene subjects (e.g. noise, ergonomics, exposure to chemicals), Transport Safety, EHS&S Risk Assessments (e.g. JSA’s, Risk assessments);
- Lead and / or support the implementation of EHS&S Standards within your field of expertise;
- Coach / lead teams of EHS&S Representatives and Standards Owners / SME’s;
- Perform EHS&S assessments within projects and set up, lead and / or support EHS&S projects (for example waste reduction, use of chemical substances);
- Lead incident investigations;
- Lead in- and external audits and inspections (for example ISO 14001-2015, J&J EHS&S Audits, governmental agencies);
- Conduct EHS&S related risk assessments like facility, ergonomic and chemical risk assessments;
- Give EHS&S training on EHS&S related topics;
- Present periodically to the Site Leadership Team;
- Develop and/or improve EHS&S processes and practices.
Who we're looking for
You are driven to search for practical EHS&S solutions which are compliant with local and national codes and J&J Standards. This with close interaction with others within the company. You are only satisfied when improvements are sustainable. You have a “can do” mentality and see improving the EHS&S performance as a collective responsibility. You focus only on short term fixes when really needed because you prefer to focus on long term solutions while you coach others to do the same.
The ideal candidate has a B.Sc. in a chemical, mechanical or electrical field with at least 4 years of experience in the field of EHS&S (lab, R&D, chemical and/or biological environment). Additionally, you have a degree in Safety Manager level 3 (“HVK”) and / or Industrial Hygiene (“AH”). We are looking for someone with experience with international Management System Standards like ISO14001, experience with management of Emergency Response is advantageous. Are you fluent in Dutch and English, do you have excellent interpersonal skills and are you passionate about EHS&S? Then we are looking for you!
Additional vacancy information
Contract: Temporary contract with CLS Services
Terms: Project for at least 1 year.
Contactperson: René Kemps
Phone: +31 (0)88 22 77 555