Electronic Data Maintenance and Transfer Specialist, MR R&D - LCE
As the Electronic Data Maintenance and Transfer Specialist, you are responsible to manage the lifecycle of electronic (including related mechanical) hardware data (integrity, status, transfer, obsolescence). You will work with a team of electrical, mechanical engineers, and manufacturing engineers to ensure that Technical Product Data (TPD), used for describing and creating hardware is transferred to suppliers and sub-contractors.
This data needs to be managed by a professional Electronic Data Maintenance and Transfer Specialist to control the content, format, integrity and lifecycle. You are responsible for these aspects of the data on electronics and assemblies of electronics in cabinets.
Second focus area will be on ensuring production continuity by driving from start to end supplier change requests and find solutions for end of life of electronic components.
Final focus area will be on leading a dual sourcing project which scope is to identify and release second sources for E-components.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Check integrity of CAD-E and associated assemblies and CAD-M data - Check data before transfer on correctness and completeness
- Approver in Agile for electronic DMR.
- Transfer to suppliers: Exchange data with suppliers
- Communication person between our customer and supplier about DMR issues.
- Consulting on applicable standards, tools and assembly processes - Main contacts are with (senior) developers and designers of electronic circuits, designers of programmable logic and designers of cabinets, cables and mechanical sub-assemblies as well as with suppliers of electronic components, PCBA’s and electronic sub-assemblies.
- Manage lifecycle of components - Once a month EOL meeting with more BU’s about eol Neways components.
- Obsolescence: He actively collects this data and initiates the necessary actions to optimize consequences for the products these components are used in or on.
- Dual sourcing: ensure dual sourcing is in place for key electronic components
- Dual sourcing team 2 engineers and other people from Component management.
- Do proactive scanning on PCBA’s when will components be EOL with CPM.
- Improvement proposals: Learning from current way of working propose improvements
- Support: General support to development groups in Best regarding TPD and technical issues
- Other activities: - Actual assembly of PCBA data for transfer to supplier (‘Sam zak’).
- Suggest process improvements for data integrity incl. ECR and EoL, data transfer and data storage.
- Assist low-frequent users in data transfer and archiving.
- Assist in CAD-E tool validation.
- Assist in qualifying component, PCBA and assembly suppliers.
- Preparation of sam zak(in zip format) for quotes, including description for use.
- Consultancy on technological solutions used at potential supplier.
- Based on specific EoL signal, create relevant ECR, cf. next bullet.
- Consultant in EoL solutions: e.g. advice on business driven choice between EoS, redesigns, last-time-buy and rework service parts alternatives.
Challenging tasks on a technically very interesting product.
The opportunity to improve a product that is really useful to society.
Work in multidisciplinary project teams.
For those with drive and skills the opportunity to grow beyond your initial tasks.
A pleasant work environment with flexible working hours.
Required knowledge & skills
- Expertise in CAD-E and CAD-M tools for data integrity purposes.
- Be expert user in data storage and (meta-) data transfer tools, e.g. Agile, Windchill SAP-PLM, SAP-IPPe, PDX, ODB++ etc.
- Be expert user in version control of TPD, CAD-E and non-volatile PL data.
- Transfer of data on PCBA’s and assemblies to and from relevant suppliers, including Engineering Change and End-of-Life issues
- Obsolescence and EoL (End-of-Life) of electronic components.
- Guard process and procedure compliance in the data transfer process, e.g. reviews.
- Contribute in related process improvement activities.
- Work according to planning
- Work according to MR Quality Manual and MR Dev Q-Manual - especially regarding TPD, archiving and ECR (change control) procedures.
We are looking for
- Someone with a master or bachelor (HBO) Degree in electronic engineering.
- Disciplined team worker. Ability to work independently and to act pro-actively.
- Support selection of critical components
- Who has experience in working with suppliers to realize parts and to resolve technical issues
- Experience with document control systems (e.g. Agile, Clearquest, Windchill).
- Who takes pride in delivering quality work both in products as well as in documentation.
- Knowledge of FDA and IEC Standards
- Knowledge of Agile Sap and WindChill
- Previous experience in Healthcare is a pré
- Work in a team with mechanical, electronical and system engineers
- Have interactions with suppliers on product design, produce-ability, product quality and cost
- Work on a diversity of components in the MR Scanner