The energy sector and the (chemical) industry are in a transition towards: the use of new feedstock, the use of renewable energy, process and energy efficiency, introduction of circularity and, of course, carbon capture and re-use. The group Sustainable Process & Energy Systems works on these ...
CLS Services is a leading professional recruitment agency, specialised in the recruitment and career coaching of people with a background in chemistry & life sciences. For our client, <STRONG>TNO Sustainable Process & Energy Systems</STRONG>, we are searching for a Junior lab Technician.
The energy sector and the (chemical) industry are in a transition towards: the use of new feedstock, the use of renewable energy, process and energy efficiency, introduction of circularity and, of course, carbon capture and re-use. The group Sustainable Process & Energy Systems works on these transitional topics.
Their core technical expertise is Gas- Treatment and Conversion, Separation technologies, Bio-based Building Block synthesis and Energy Conversion & Storage. They work for- and with (renewable) energy and chemistry companies and in a network of international knowledge partners.
Some typical projects/programs they are working on:
- Hydrogen as a carbon-free fuel and feedstock: www.sintef.no/projectweb/elegancy/;
- Carbon capture and carbon (re)use technology development and piloting: www.alignccus.eu;
- New energy storage solutions (heat and electricity) in the build environment www.scores-project.eu;
- Electrification of the industry: www.voltachem.com;
- Biomass valorisation: biogas as a fuel and feedstock, biomass conversion to aromatics: www.biorizon.eu.
We are looking for a junior lab technician who wants to work on the topic of Energy Conversion & Storage.
Who we're looking for
The ideal applicant would have the following background:
- You have an B.Sc. or M.Sc. in e.g. chemistry, physics, process technology or chemical engineering;
- You have at least 3 years of working experience in a process laboratory environment or similar;
- You understand the challenges of developing technology that needs to be scaled up;
- You have a good mastery of the English language, both verbal and written;
- Having affinity with electrochemistry, experience with Labview and pressurised and vacuum systems is a plus;
The position is best suited to an enthusiastic person with the following characteristics:
- You have a hands-on mentality, and are very comfortable with working in a lab;
- You can work independently in lab environment;
- You are able to set up measurement equipment for tests and performing, analysing and reporting the experiments;
- You are comfortable in maintaining, repairing and upgrading laboratory set-ups;
- You are safety conscious and accurate;
- A drive to develop innovative solutions to technically challenging problems by combining the right mix of intellectual curiosity and a pragmatic approach;
- Good interpersonal skills and proactive communication.
Additional vacancy information
Contract: Temporary contract with CLS Services
Terms: Project for 1 year with the intention to obtain a permanent position. The position is only available on a full-time basis.
Contactperson: René Kemps
Phone: +31 (0)88 22 77 555
Solliciteer op deze functie