Wat ga je doen - What will your job be
Hands-on experience in bioinformatics tools/algorithms and genomics? This could be your new job!
As a Bioinformatician next-generation sequencing you will use your scientific understanding and knowledge for assembling, configuring, optimizing, and/or implementing NGS pipelines.
Wat vragen wij - What are we looking for
- You will also provide scientific consultancy to some of our (clinical, (bio)medical) customers as well as various departments within the company.
- You will also be involved in pre-sales and other activities, to bring new customers on-board by providing expertise on ourservices.
- Internally, you will proactively communicate customers’ needs and requirements with product management.
For the position of Bioinformatician next-generation sequencing we are looking for enthusiastic candidates with hands-on experience with bioinformatics tools/algorithms (such as alignment – BWA, variant calling – GATK, Freebayes…). Your profound knowledge in tertiary analysis will be used to set up and run pipelines from scratch (e.g. DNA and RNA-Seq), making use of various programming languages (e.g. Python, Perl, R, Java, Unix/Linux scripting)
- You are confident and able to setup NGS pipelines from scratch, in different domains.
- A PhD degree is not required, however, you must have working experiences in novel data-driven discovery practices.
- First-hand knowledge of the NGS market (clinical, biomedical, food, crops, and/or microbial) is considered as a plus
- You are flexible and keen to face customers and are able to successfully handle pre-sales and on-boarding projects
- The position demands excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Wil je meer weten - More information
Neem voor meer informatie contact op met Na Rae de Jong: 0182 590 216
Wat hebben we te bieden - What do we offer
Waar ga je aan de slag - Where will you work
- Contract at our client
- Fulltime is highly preferred, but 32 hours/week is negotiable
International company (The Netherlands, Belgium and USA) that offers high performance genomic cloud based solutions. The company employs 35 people.