Are you an experienced C++ developer with ASML experience looking for a real technical challenge to put your skills to the test?
Senior SW Designer Source Laser Beam Control - Experience: 8+ years
Are you an experienced C++ developer with ASML experience looking for a real technical challenge to put your skills to the test? Do you enjoy helping you team members grow and support our architect in his work? This vacancy might just be the right one for you!
In this role you would be making your mark on the Laser Beam Control SW for the CO2 laser of the next generation cutting edge chip manufacturing equipment (lithography machines) ASML is currently developing. You will be working in an (Agile) team that provides the SW which controls, diagnoses and supports the Laser Beam which is used to create EUV (Extreme UltraViolet). Source Laser Beam Control offers a challenging environment where software and function comes together in a complex system.
As a Senior SW Designer working within the team your mission is to design, build, diagnose and maintain the system which controls the Source Laser Beam. With the team you have a huge impact in further industrialization of the system and improving overall performance and availability. You will be working on both legacy implementations and (more and more) new development. A large part of the work is executed in C++, but we also make use of Python.
Working within the Source Laser Beam Control team you
- take the lead in supporting the architects and team in designing new and improving/extending existing implementations;
- coach/mentor the more junior (less experienced) developers in the team to grow to their potential;
- work closely together with other disciplines within the EUV CO2 cluster to ensure a correct and coherent system;
- contribute to continuous improvements in architecture and way of working;
- directly pick up critical issues with our (prototype) EUV machines;
- validate and deliver the implementation.
Being part of a larger development organization requires constant interaction with your stakeholders to ensure an efficient and successful deployment of your deliverables.
These stakeholders include the SW development partners, but also e.g. functional/system engineers, our factory and customer support representatives.
-BSc or MSc in computer science or equivalent experience.
- SW Development (>5 years) in an embedded / industrial environment
- Experience working in ASML is a must in this senior role
- Experience with C/C++/Python
- Experience with object oriented design
- Good communicative skills
- Team player
- Eager to learn
- Good knowledge of English
Context of the position
ASML is leading in the worldwide development, production and sales of high end lithography systems for the semiconductor industry. Worldwide over 23.000 people work at ASML, with important settlings in the United States, Asia and the head office in Veldhoven. The employees of ASML share the passion for technology with a customer focus. At ASML one works ongoing for the further development and implementation of complex and high-quality technological systems. Working at ASML is therefore challenging and extremely dynamic. To remain successful the company has ambitious objectives and high standard requirements.
Within the ASML sector Development and Engineering the next generation of lithography machines is being developed inside the EUV program. In the program a new light source is introduced which creates light that has the required wavelength for the new generation lithographical scanners: EUV.
Your contribution will help chip manufactures around the world to keep up with demands and technical needs for the chips used by everyone.
- C++, Python, Industrial automation
Solliciteer op deze functie