Associate Scientist Upstream Processing
A global biotech company which is dedicated to bringing meaningful innovations to global health. They focus on the discovery, development, manufacturing and marketing of vaccines and antibodies to protect people from infectious diseases. You will be working in the USP department. The USP department is responsible for the development of scalable, pharmaceutical-grade production processes for viral vaccines using mammalian cell lines as a production platform. Novel technologies are used to make sure that the processes are safe, reliable, scalable and cost-effective, so that the vaccines can be produced in large quantities at low costs.
Wat ga je doen - What will your job be
Are you a motivated candidate with some years experience bacterial/mammalian cell culture and do you have strong affinity with upstream process development? Then this position might be interesting for you! Keep reading to find out more!
We are looking for a motivated Associated Scientist within the field of upstream process development. Key responsibilities:
- Under limited supervision, but as part of a team you will plan, prepare and execute scientific studies
- This will be part of a project plan, and you will be responsible for analyzing the results and reporting main conclusions
- Experiments may be performed in bioreactors or in a reduced-scale shaker flask model
- Room to work on continuous improvement topics to increase safety, efficiency in workflow and support of scientific projects
Wat vragen wij - What are we looking for
For the position of Associate Scientist Upstream processing we are looking for a candidate with a strong affinity for upstream process development.
- You have a MSc degree in a relevant discpiline with at least 1-2 years of experience
- Mbo/BSc candidates with at least 5 years
of experience in biotechnology or pharmacy are also welcome to apply
- Experience with mammalian/bacterial cell culture, hands-on experience with bioreactors, preferably at lab-scale
- You are a motivated team player who is flexible and has a can-do attitude, and a pro-active mindset.
- You have good communication skills in Dutch and/or English
Wat hebben we te bieden - What do we offer
- Secondment via CheckMark Labrecruitment for one year
- Salary indication from €2624,- based on fulltime
- Fulltime position (40 hours/week)
- After your training period, your will occasionally be expected to work during weekend hours
Wil je meer weten - More information
Neem voor meer informatie contact op met Sebastiaan Loriaux, 088 0021 126