Associate Scientist Formulation Science
Global biotech company that focuses on the development, production and marketing of vaccines, recombinant proteins and antibodies to prevent and combat infectious and other diseases. You will work within the Formulation Science & Technology (FST) team which is part of the Drug Product Development (DPD) department. The FST group is involved as of developability assessments of new compounds and responsible for early formulation development, up to and including Tox and phase1/2a clinical studies.
Wat ga je doen - What will your job be
Are you a motivated PhD candidate and do you have several years of industrial experience in a biopharmaceutical drug development environment? In this role as an Associate Scientist Formulation Science you will support the implementation of new technologies into development. Keep reading to find out more!
As an Associate Scientist Formulation Science you will plan, coordinate and execute scientific studies to support improvement projects focusing on the development of enabling technologies (e.g. vaccine delivery systems, adjuvants, alternative route of administrations). In this role, you will work closely together with both the technical staff on the lab to perform the experimental work as well as with the formulation development scientists and fill/finish engineers to translate the results of the development work into novel applications and products. Your key responsibilities:
- You will design experiments to reach the project targets
- You will perform data analysis and write scientific reports
- You will adhere to timelines for performing experiments
- You are accountable for proper recording of information and collection of the data and for review of experimental results
- Discusses problems and presents plans and data in internal scientific meetings
- Ensures the availability of materials and equipment to perform experiments
Wat vragen wij - What are we looking for
For the position of Associate Scientist Formulation Science we are looking for an enthusiastic PhD candidate with familiarity with (vaccine) formulation development, adjuvants, drug delivery systems and stability studies.
- You have a PhD in a relevant discipline like biology, pharmaceutical sciences or biochemistry. Hbo or MSc candidates with the right experience and motivation are also welcome to apply.
- At least 4 years of pharmaceutical industry experience, prefereably in a biopharmaceutical drug development environment
- Working knowledge of biophysical and chemical characterization techniques. Expertise related to data sciences is considered a plus
- You have experience with one or more of the following techniques: HPLC/UPLC, DLS, PCR, fluorimetry, UV/Vis absorbance, DSC, TMA
- You are pro-active, flexible, creative and enjoy working in a team. Furthermore you have good organizational and communication skills
- Excellent writing and speaking skills in English and Dutch
Wat hebben we te bieden - What do we offer
- Long term position, starting with a contract via CheckMark Labrecruitment until December 2020
- Salary indication from €3500 to €4400 gross per month based on 40 hours/week
- Fulltime position (40 hours) but 36 hours/week is negotiable
Wil je meer weten - More information
Neem voor meer informatie contact op met Jurjen Wilschut // 0182 590 212
Fulltime / parttime