Associate Scientist DSP
CLS Services is a leading professional recruitment agency, specialised in the recruitment and career coaching of people with a background in chemistry & life sciences. For our client, Janssen Vaccines & Prevention, we are searching for an Associate Scientist DSP.
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention is dedicated to bringing meaningful innovation to global health. They focus on the discovery, development, manufacturing and marketing of vaccines and antibodies to protect people world-wide from infectious diseases.
The Bacterial Vaccines department is working on the discovery- and early development of novel vaccines for bacterial infectious diseases. It strives to address unmet medical needs, such as bacteremia (sepsis) and nosocomial infections. Projects at the Bacterial Vaccines department are primarily structured on scientific- and technical collaboration with external biotechnology partners (governmental and industrial) that are innovative leaders in their field. This working process includes ‘state of the art’ vaccine discovery, with subsequent in vivo evaluation of these vaccine candidates in animal models for immunogenicity and/or efficacy. In addition, manufacturing processes are optimized and established, and the resulting clinical trial material is evaluated in human clinical studies.
Are you looking for a longer term challenging job in an international environment? Do you have affinity with the development of high throughput platforms and experience with Down Stream Processing? You can be right candidate for this position!
You will be part of a dynamic team driving production and characterization of bacterial vaccine candidates, mainly consisting of protein- and glycoprotein antigens. During your work, you will develop and operate a broad range of biopharmaceutical DSP units, from high-throughput screening and development scales, up to 10L scale.
You will apply your solid understanding of scientific and/or engineering principles and professional practices to contribute to the scope of the DSP team, purifying bacterial antigens to facilitate early-stage vaccine development and developing downstream processes for late-stage development programs.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Prepare, perform and document experiments in an ELN environment following established methodologies, while adhering to GLP and data integrity practices;
- Execute development studies to identify and determine appropriate conditions and ranges of (critical) process parameters for chromatographic purification & separation;
- Identify deviations in the process and suggests possibilities for the root-cause as well as troubleshooting possibilities;
- Execute screening/development studies using high-throughput platforms (e.g., liquid handling platforms);
- Setup and maintain automated high-throughput data uptake, storage and analysis mechanisms/platforms;
- Translate high-throughput data results to higher-scales by following the appropriate scale-up/down approaches;
- Prepare process documentation, including work instructions and batch records for potential technology transfer to partners
Who we're looking for
We are looking for candidates with a M.Sc. background in a relevant discipline such as bioengineering, biochemistry, bacteriology or chemical/biochemical engineering. PhD candidates are overqualified. Preferably you have two years of professional experience in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical company.
You have solid theoretical understanding about and experience with (glyco)protein purification (DSP) methods like chromatography, filtration and precipitation. Next to that, you have knowledge and/or affinity with high throughput platforms and the development of these platforms. Preferably you have programming skills and some relevant software skills like Unicorn, SuperPro, JMP etc.
As a person, you are creative, have good communication skills and like to work is a team. You are organized, methodic in data generation and handling, and holds a high standard of documentation accuracy.
Are you the right candidate for this position, please let us know!
Additional vacancy information
Contract: Temporary contract with CLS Services
Terms: Project for at least one year, longer-term anticipated. Full time preferred, 32 hours discussable.
Contactperson: Claudia Erwich-Faaij
Phone: +31 (0)88 22 77 555