Associate Scientist Downstream Processing
A global biotech company that focuses on the develepment, production and marketing of vaccines, recombinant proteins and antibodies to prevent and combat infectious and other diseases. You work within the department working on the discovery- and early development of novel vaccines for bacterial infectious diseases. You will be part of a dynamic team driving production and characterization of bacterial vaccine candidates, mainly consisting of protein- and glycoprotein antigens.
Are experienced in downstream processing and woould like to perform challenging hands-on lab work in R&D? In this role you support drug development tracks by designing and executing downstream processing/purification methods for protein antigens. Interested? Please read on!
As a Associate Scientist Downstream Processing you work on the development of purification processes for bacterial vaccines. You choose and execute the method for purification of carbohydrates and proteins in this challenging hands-on position. Morover, you have the following responsibilites:
- You will contribute to bacterila vaccine projects by developing and executing purification (DSP) of protein antigens. This is a hands-on role in the laboratory that require close collaboration within the department
- You organize, set up, monitor and evaluate antigen purification experiments, with help of small/medium-scale chromatography, filtration, precipitation methods
- Besides, you execute screening/development studies using high-throughput platforms
- Futhermore, you analyze and interpret the data and come up with follow-up steps after evaluation
- Moreover, you are responsible for maintenance of equipment that is used for purification purposes
- Your work as Associate Scientist Downstream will be performed under supervision of a Scientist
For the Associate Scientist Downstream vacancy we are looking for a motivated candidate who is skilled in downstream processing/purification techniques and meets the following qualifications:
- Master (MSc) degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline such as bioengineering, biochemistry, bacteriology, chemical/biochemical engineering. PhD candidates are not considered for this position
- You have a least two years of work experience with purification and DSP techniques for proteins and/or glycoproteins such as chromatrography (e.g. HPLC), filtration, precipitation, centrifugation etc.
- Ideally, you acquired this experience in a biopharmaceutical setting. Experience with analytical techniques is considered a plus
- You have knowledge on- and affinity with high througput platforms/ liquid handling system and downscale models
- You are familliar with development of methods and possess fundamental knowledge of purifaction technqiues
- You are collaborative, quality/safety-concious and holds a high standard of documentation accuracy
- Long-term employement starting with a 1 year contract via CheckMark Labrecruitment
- Salary indication from €2500,- to €3300,- based on fulltime
- Fulltime position (40 hours/week), 32 hours/week is discussable
For more information you can contact Jurjen Wilschut 0182 590 212 // 06 302 474 53
Ref. nr.: 6487
Fulltime / parttime