Janssen Vaccines & Prevention, one of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, is dedicated to bringing meaningful innovation to global health. Their teams focus on the discovery, development, manufacture and marketing of vaccines to protect people worldwide from infectious diseases. With projects aimed at e.g. HIV, RSV and Ebola vaccines in advanced stages Janssen Vaccines & Prevention is a the forefront of medical & technological advancements in this field.
LabResource is the exclusive supplier for this position, applicants presented through other agencies will not be considered for this role.Job Description
As Associate Director Formulation Development you manage the Formulation Development team (~20fte). You are a natural and proven leader able to manage and improve team dynamics supporting personal development of different team members. You are able to effectively connect and collaborate with different departments both within the Janssen Vaccines organization and external organizations. You are the spokesperson & representation of the department within JnJ.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Effective people, resource & infrastructure management in a stimulating, but demanding environment;
- Management of activities for the CMC project portfolio and continuous improvement projects, on a functional and strategic level, balancing supply and demand budgets.
- Connecting and collaborating with other teams within the organization as well as with other organizations within JnJ.
- Cultivating internal and external relationships and partnerships.
- Stimulating innovative problem solving and creation of Intellectual Property.
We are looking for a candidate with the following qualifications:
Salary and Benefits
- PhD or MSc in relevant discipline, like pharmaceutical sciences, Analytical Science or (Bio) Chemistry;
- At least 8 to 10 years of (hands on) experience in formulation development or related areas, preferable in vaccines or large molecules and supplemented with experience as a line manager;
- Understanding of the scientific and technological concepts behind (vaccine) formulation Development;
- Extensive experience with the various aspects of formulation development (multiple product types), stability, vaccines, viruses, troubleshooting, scientific study design and data management, outsourcing;
- Knowledge of applicable quality and regulatory guidelines and industry standards;
- Comfortable in scientific and strategic discussions. Business acumen, a scientific mindset able to translate into manufacturability;
- Strong people management skills are essential tot to success in this role: you manages and improves team dynamics and support personal development;
- Fluent in English, fluency in Dutch is an advantage;
- You have a high level of self-awareness and can ask and give feedback;
As an employee, JnJ considers you as their most valuable asset. As part of a global team in an innovative environment, your development is key Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, your personal growth is central. JnJ offers benefits making sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.
Contract: Direct contract at JnJ
Holidays: 24+12Contact Us
Interesse, klik op de solliciteerknop om direct te solliciteren. Ook kun je telefonisch contact opnemen met LabResource via T.: 020 - 406 9750 of een CV per e-mail toesturen naar firstname.lastname@example.org.