For the next-generation clean chemical production platform
Location: Groningen / Amsterdam
Photanol (www.photanol.com) is a young and ambitious company, located at the Amsterdam Science Park with some 20 employees. Its focus is on developing a sustainable production platform for next-generation clean chemicals. Photanol uses proprietary engineered cyanobacteria to process carbon dioxide (CO2) and sunlight into valuable chemicals, like organic acids and terpenes. From the original idea in 2008 and the start-up phase since 2012, significant progress towards commercialisation has been made. An important next step is the construction of their new demonstration plant later this year on the site of Nouryon (formerly AkzoNobel Specialty Chemicals) in Chemport Delfzijl. By the end of 2020 this plant will deliver first Photanol products in the right quality and quantity, as preparation for the next phase towards a commercial production unit in 2023. In order to realise the further upscaling and commercial production, we are searching for an entrepreneurial Operations Director.
- Responsible for both running an operational demonstration plant and also preparing a full scale commercial production unit
- Realising the new demonstration plant in line with the design and engineering plans, supported by the Project Manager and Engineering team from Nouryon
- Developing a validated test program for technical conditions and work processes, in compliance with relevant quality, safety, health and environmental standards
- Building and leading an operational team for the demonstration plant, including technology, production, maintenance and logistics
- Managing the planning and operational process, including outsourcing and tolling activities in terms of operations and technology
- Troubleshooting and finding adequate short and long term solutions for the operational process and technology development
- Making the technical plan with the requirements and options for the commercial production unit; finally implementing this plan
- Reporting to the CEO and member of the Management Team, which also consists of CFO, Business Development Director and Research, Development & Technology Director.
- Academic level in Chemical Engineering, Process Technology or an equivalent
- Senior experience in plant / operations management of technical processing facilities, ranging from pilot plant towards full scale manufacturing plant
- Proven track record with technical investments for building or renovating plants with all engineering, commissioning and troubleshooting issues involved
- Actual knowledge of relevant requirements for safety, health, environment and quality
- Fits with the culture and dynamics of an entrepreneurial and innovative company, with a dedicated team and many challenges
- Grows with the company, developing from Operations Director to COO
- Personal skills: conceptual thinking, convincing, results driven, decision taker, creative in problem solving, pragmatic attitude and perseverance.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Hans Hilbrands, telephone: +31 (0)317-468686 / +31 (0)6-51025152 or apply through our website www.dupp.nl or e-mail your written application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Photanol selected DUPP – Food Executive Search for this vacancy as the only partner in the recruitment process.
Solliciteer op deze functie