Defining & driving the strategy for validation & characterization of new ICs as well as for ensuring the Industrial Producibility to gain high & stable yields in high volume mass production & more.
The electronics industry is being driven by four mega trends that are helping shape our society: Energy Efficiency, Connected Devices, Security and Health. Connecting to these trends and enabling Secure Connections for a Smarter World, our customer creates solutions for the Connected Car, Cyber Security, Portable & Wearable and the Internet of Things. Through our innovations, customers across a wide variety of industries – including automotive, security, connected devices, lighting, industrial and infrastructure – are able to differentiate their products through features, cost of ownership and/or time-to-market.
BU Automotive is one of the core businesses of our customer. Their high performance mixed signal technologies for Automotive applications create new ways to make cars cleaner, safer, more comfortable, and more fun. Their industry-leading in-vehicle network and sensor systems save fuel and step-up reliability and dynamics, while their RF keyless entry/go and connected key solutions add convenience and security. They consistently deliver audio and connectivity solutions that rival the best in home entertainment. They use solid-state-lighting know-how too, for their portfolio of Automotive grade LED Lighting. Their focused R&D investments, their competencies in RF, Analog, and Digital Processing, and their relentless commitment to quality and excellence make them a long-term partner in automotive. Their technology expertise enables delivery of innovative, easy-to-implement solutions that are tailored to their customers’ needs.
About the job
One of the mega trends is the evolution towards self-driving cars. The Automotive business unit of our customer offers sensor and processing technology that drives all aspects of the secure connected cars of today and the autonomous cars of tomorrow. Product Line In-Vehicle Networking is enabling this by bringing high-speed, CAN, LIN, Flexray and Ethernet-based data communication into the cars and single products or as System Based Solutions (SBC’s). For their Product Line in Vehicle Networking in Nijmegen, The Netherlands, we are looking for a Principal Product Engineer. In this exciting role you would be responsible for:
- Defining and driving the strategy for validation and characterization of new ICs as well as for ensuring the Industrial Producibility to gain high and stable yields in high volume mass production.
- Leading sub-project teams (TPE) and manage /drive external parties (subcontractors, SLA’s etc.). Plan and track own planning and align with the overall project planning.
- Cooperating within multidisciplinary teams
- You have the the technical depth & communication skills to lead discussions with technical experts and leaders from other disciplines (IC architects, quality, process, package, etc) to influence the project direction and decisions while making right balance between TPE/Industrial requirements and project goals.
- Flagging problems in a project, within and outside their expertise. Has skills to effectively bring about the necessary change in the project. Makes process interventions in teams, e.g. on communication (skilled in human dynamics) – clear leader
- Driving the vision and mission on product quality, by adopting best known zero defect (ZD) screening measures and by developing new screening measures required for these advanced products. For this later part close cooperation with customer complaint handling is needed.
- Steering the business creation process with an industrial view, to deliver a high quality manufactural product and test solution for meeting or exceeding the required time to market and product cost, as well as business fulfillment
- Analysing complex and undefined problems and create non-existing solutions. taking initiatives outside own department
- Traveling ~10% of your time to our offshore sites is part of your assignment.
You are a clear competence leader with an in- and external orientation. You apply your skills to keep competencies of others up-to-date. You train larger parts of the organization and are able to adapt the message to all disciplines.
- MsC in Electrical Engineering, preferably with the a few work experience in IC Development, Test & Product Engineering, IC Manufacturing Engineering and/or Semiconductor Quality Engineering;
- IC Development, Test & Product Engineering, IC Manufacturing Engineering and/or Semiconductor Quality Engineering
- Project Management skills;
- Looking for someone who is skilled in working with automation of tooling like Excel and Word (macro's) and/or Python;
- Good communication and reporting skills also in English;
- 5 - 12 years’ experience in semiconductor industry
- Convincing influencer, able to operate independently.
- Balances strategic vision with strong execution, can get things done.
- Willing to travel to their locations worldwide.
Working at Forexx
Working at Forexx
You will be employed by Forexx and will have the opportunity to work on long- or short-term assignments. At Forexx we take our full responsibility when it comes to being a good employer and we stimulate the sustainable employability of our professionals. We call this Future Employability. We work with short communication lines within our enthusiastic team. Above all we have a clear and personal communication with our professionals.
We encourage our professionals to keep their knowledge and skills up-to-date through coaching and providing courses / educations where needed. In this way, the skills of our professionals always match the (future) wishes of our customers and we ensure that our professionals can work until their retirement. This is also Future Employability.
- Competitive salary;
- Excellent secondary employment conditions such as a pension, a discount on your health insurance and travel compensation;
- Possibility to follow courses / educations provided by Forexx
- Coaching on hard and soft skills;
- Challenging assignments;
- An interesting network of technical professionals in the field of Manufacturing, High Tech, Networking and Marine & Offshore on a regular basis, with informative meetings and social events.
Solliciteer op deze functie