As Principal Test Engineer you are responsible for the Development & design of the Industrial Test Facility (ITF) enabling testing of high volume production in the Industrial Environment.
The electronics industry is being driven by four mega trends that are helping shape our society: Energy Efficiency, Connected Devices, Security and Health. Connecting to these trends and enabling Secure Connections for a Smarter World, our customer creates solutions for the Connected Car, Cyber Security, Portable & Wearable and the Internet of Things. Through their innovations, customers across a wide variety of industries – including automotive, security, connected devices, lighting, industrial and infrastructure – are able to differentiate their products through features, cost of ownership and/or time-to-market.
BU Automotive is one of the core businesses of our customer. Their high performance mixed signal technologies for Automotive applications create new ways to make cars cleaner, safer, more comfortable, and more fun. Their industry-leading in-vehicle network and sensor systems save fuel and step-up reliability and dynamics, while our RF keyless entry/go and connected key solutions add convenience and security. They consistently deliver audio and connectivity solutions that rival the best in home entertainment. They use solid-state-lighting know-how too, for our portfolio of Automotive grade LED Lighting. Their focused R&D investments, their competencies in RF, Analog, and Digital Processing, and their relentless commitment to quality and excellence make them a long-term partner in automotive. Their technology expertise enables delivery of innovative, easy-to-implement solutions that are tailored to their customers’ needs.
- We are looking for a Test Engineer with experience in new product creation and NOT for a test engineer in sustaining (production / improve what already exists).
- We don’t measure the seniority of the candidate based on the number of years of experience but based on the thinking level to analyze, understand and solve complex problems.
- On principal technical level means able to analyze, understand and solves undefined complex problems with non-existing solutions.
About the job
One of the mega trends is the evolution towards self-driving cars. Our customer his Automotive business unit offers sensor and processing technology that drives all aspects of the secure connected cars of today and the autonomous cars of tomorrow. Product Line In-Vehicle Networking is enabling this by bringing high-speed, CAN, LIN, Flexray and Ethernet-based data communication into the cars as single products or System Based Solutions (SBC’s). For their Product Line in Vehicle Networking in Nijmegen the Netherlands, we are looking for a PRINCIPAL TEST ENGINEER. In this exciting role, you will be responsible for development of the Industrial Test Solution for Mass production.
- As Principal Test Engineer you are responsible for the Development & design of the Industrial Test Facility (ITF) enabling testing of high volume production in the Industrial Environment. You will lead sub-project teams (TPE) and manage /drive external parties (subcontractors, SLA’s etc.). Plan and track own planning and align with the overall project planning.
- You have the technical depth & communication skills to lead discussions with technical experts and leaders from other disciplines (IC architects, quality, process, package, etc) to influence the project direction and decisions while making right balance between TPE/Industrial requirements and project goals.
- You are a clear competence leader with an in- and external orientation. You apply your skills to keep competencies of others up-to-date. You train larger parts of the organization and are able to adapt the message to all disciplines.
- You are able to analyses complex and undefined problems and create non-existing solutions, flag problems in a project, in- and outside of your expertise and have the skills to effectively bring about the necessary change in the project. You are able to make process interventions in teams, e.g. on communication (skilled in human dynamics) – clear leader
- You steer the business creation process with an industrial view delivering a high quality manufactural product and test solution for meeting/exceeding the required time to market and product cost as well as business fulfillment
- You develop a clear vision on the expertise in the department and have a broad view on how this relates to other departments. You drive the vision and mission on time-to-market during development while supporting the best strategy for product cost down during time-to-volume.
- Traveling approx. 10% of your time is part of your assignment
- MSc or BSc in Electrical Engineering or other technical engineering discipline
- 5 - 12 years’ experience in semiconductor industry, preferably with work experience in IC Development, Test & Product Engineering, IC Manufacturing Engineering and/or Semiconductor Quality Engineering
- MUST: Experience with Advantest, preferably with analog products.
- MUST: Somebody who can take the complete ownership to fully develop and release (parts of) test program.
- Experience with working in a multicultural environment
- Good communication and reporting skills in English
- Convincing influencer and is able to operate independently
- Balances strategic vision with strong execution
- Willing to travel regularly worldwide
- Ability to represent technical expertise outside own organization
- Organizes, plan and controls tasks by defined objectives
- Project Management skills / skills in taking the lead
Working at Forexx
Working at Forexx
You will be employed by Forexx and will have the opportunity to work on long- or short-term assignments. At Forexx we take our full responsibility when it comes to being a good employer and we stimulate the sustainable employability of our professionals. We call this Future Employability. We work with short communication lines within our enthusiastic team. Above all we have a clear and personal communication with our professionals.
We encourage our professionals to keep their knowledge and skills up-to-date through coaching and providing courses / educations where needed. In this way, the skills of our professionals always match the (future) wishes of our customers and we ensure that our professionals can work until their retirement. This is also Future Employability.
- Competitive salary;
- Excellent secondary employment conditions such as a pension, a discount on your health insurance and travel compensation;
- Possibility to follow courses / educations provided by Forexx
- Coaching on hard and soft skills;
- Challenging assignments;
- An interesting network of technical professionals in the field of Manufacturing, High Tech, Networking and Marine & Offshore on a regular basis, with informative meetings and social events.
Solliciteer op deze functie