Within our customer the Business Unit R&D is urgently looking for a Electrical Designer preferably with experience in the medical domain.
Within our customer the Business Unit R&D is urgently looking for a Electrical Designer preferably with experience in the medical domain. They are the leading innovator in image-guided interventional solutions. With their partners, they improve the health of patients and save lives, every day, everywhere.
Within the R&D department, the unit you will be working for has a simple and ambitious goal to make the best product in the world which includes X-Ray, imaging data processing, data & video networking and display functionality. This role will specially focus on PC’s and video/Data networking. Involved parts are custom specific developed by (international) partners, amongst others.
About the job
The Key Areas of Responsibility for the electrical designer are:
- Responsible for Requirements, Design, implementation, test and integration of his Unit in accordance with the higher level Requirement and - Design specifications / architectures including alignment with all the relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensures the mutual consistency and efficient integration of the separate modules in modular, easy-to-maintain units that meets the product specification.
- Understands and communicates consequences of his/her design on the architecture.
- Determines the Unit interfaces (HW/SW), in close consultation with relevant disciplines.
- Ensures that there is proper documentation for his/her design.
- Defines, executes and takes the lead in concept and feasibility studies with a limited scope to investigate the usability of new technologies.
- Contributes to technology roadmaps and other strategic related activities.
- Contributes to the Work Breakdown Structure, the planning process of his, her area.
- Draws up personal schedule and reports on progress.
- Inspired to get the job done.
- Performs work in line with the processes that have been agreed in the department.
In addition to specific electrical areas specific job knowledge, skills and experience are:
- Since their strategy is to outsource the (detailed) design and engineering activities to their suppliers, they require excellent communication skills to be the technical contact towards their design partners and/or suppliers. This includes together with their supplier (but each with his own responsibility and ownership) the alignment of requirements, test approach, design reviews, FMEA, and specifying and verifying quality and reliability whilst maintaining a good & challenging professional relationship.
- Minimally Bachelor degree (Dutch: HBO) in Electrical engineering or other relevant discipline
- Experience and knowledge of system development, knowledge of HW/SW interfaces.
- Experience and knowledge of computer architecture and the required computer performance for our different software solutions.
- Experience with development in volume production and maintenance of released products
- Knowledge and understanding of other disciplines with which co-operation takes place.
- Good command of English (both written and verbal).
- Disciplined team worker.
- Analytical, creative, and abstract thinker with ability to define and understand concepts and able to create and review technical documents.
- Accurate and quality minded.
- Improvement attitude.
- Ability to work independently and to act pro-actively.
- Ability to coach, support and direct the Designers / Engineers in a subgroup.
- Ability to communicate on different levels and aware of the means and the effect of communication.
- Capable to introduce efficiency improvements on project level (change management).
Working at Forexx
Working at Forexx
You will be employed by Forexx and will have the opportunity to work on long- or short-term assignments. At Forexx we take our full responsibility when it comes to being a good employer and we stimulate the sustainable employability of our professionals. We call this Future Employability. We work with short communication lines within our enthusiastic team. Above all we have a clear and personal communication with our professionals.
We encourage our professionals to keep their knowledge and skills up-to-date through coaching and providing courses / educations where needed. In this way, the skills of our professionals always match the (future) wishes of our customers and we ensure that our professionals can work until their retirement. This is also Future Employability.
- Competitive salary;
- Excellent secondary employment conditions such as a pension, a discount on your health insurance and travel compensation;
- Possibility to follow courses / educations provided by Forexx
- Coaching on hard and soft skills;
- Challenging assignments;
- An interesting network of technical professionals in the field of Manufacturing, High Tech, Networking and Marine & Offshore on a regular basis, with informative meetings and social events.
Solliciteer op deze functie