Within the analytical department, the scientist will be working in the molecular and bioassay group, which is responsible for the development of new bioassays in order to characterize virus based vaccines. Assay development activities will mainly focus on assays that measure vaccine potency and vac
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention is a leading biotechnology company developing vaccines against infectious diseases. LabResource has been elected as their top supplier for the second year in a row and has been contracted to recruit for this position.
Within the analytical department, the scientist will be working in the molecular and bioassay group, which is responsible for the development of new bioassays in order to characterize virus based vaccines. Assay development activities will mainly focus on assays that measure vaccine potency and vaccine purity. These include different formats, but will have a focus on ELISA, (q)PCR and cell culture-based assay systems. In this hands-on position the scientist independently hypothesizes, designs and reports assay development or optimization activities with hands-on involvement. Further responsibilities will be to leverage the work of project members to meet project checkpoints and accomplish team objectives on time and within budget.
We are looking for a professional with the following background
- Ph.D. degree (or equivalent) with 2-3 years post-doctoral experience or >4 years of relevant industrial experience as Msc.
- A solid background in cell-based assays, molecular biology, cell biology, or life sciences
- Experience with techniques as ELISA, qPCR, cell culture, virus culture.
- Experience in working in industry or assay development or GMP is considered advantageous.
- The successful candidate has a flexible work attitude and a can-do mentality.
- You enjoy working in a team that is eager to extend their knowledge of new technologies.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team are equally important as independent planning and execution of tasks.
- Finally, you are critical and value accuracy in the execution of your work.
Salary and Benefits
Contract: 1 year, extension possible
Salary: ranging from €3500 - €4500 gross monthly
Hours: full-time, 32 hours discussable
Interesse, klik op de solliciteerknop om direct te solliciteren. Ook kun je telefonisch contact opnemen met LabResource via T.: 020 - 406 9750 of een CV per e-mail toesturen naar email@example.com.
Solliciteer op deze functie